Highland Park is taking over London’s Dalston Roof Park for two evenings to celebrate Midsummer Solstice. A hugely significant time of year at the whisky’s home on Orkney and an important celebration in Nordic history and culture, Midsummer Solstice is traditionally celebrated with good friends, bonfires, music and dance.
The narrative of Highland Park is deeply rooted in Nordic traditions and the people on Orkney (1 in 3 have Viking ancestry) take huge pride in honouring the spirit of their Viking ancestors by hosting a week’s worth of events dedicated to the official start of summer, when the evenings are at their longest.
The Highland Park Midsummer Social at Dalston Roof Park will bring to life this wonderful heritage through the following:
- Torchlight whisky tastings with Highland Park’s global brand ambassador Martin Markvardsen
- Highland Park infused cocktails
- Nordic inspired food curated by Root + Bone
- Highland Park Boilermaker pairings with 40ft Brewery
- DJ Eelke Kleijn will play a set on Tuesday 21 June
- Acoustic band Slow Club will provide live music on Wednesday 22 June
Mike Mackenzie, Highland Park Brand Manager said: “Highland Park’s Midsummer Social is a unique and exciting event to celebrate the brand’s Viking heritage. The fantastic rooftop setting at Dalston provides an opportunity for guests to fully immerse themselves in Highland Park Single Malt Scotch Whisky, enjoy great cocktails, food and music whilst celebrating the official start of summer.”
A limited number of tickets are available for Tuesday 21 June and Wednesday 22 June at 6.30pm priced at £15. To reserve your place please click here or visit www.skiddle.com and search ‘Highland Park’.